It’s World Breastfeeding Week!
….And you know we’re a fan.
This special week is an effort to highlight breastfeeding mothers all around the world - to support and empower them. This is why Wyatt’s Maternity even exists! Supporting mothers (breastfeeding or not) is our very favorite thing. We are honored to be part of your journey.
In the spirit of World Breastfeeding Week, we’ve been reflecting on how truly incredible breastfeeding moms are. So keep reading to find out why we think you’re so magical!
- She puts her life on hold every 2-3 hours to nurse or pump. All day. Every day. (And some nights too!)
- She plans trips and errands and outings around the aforementioned timeframe - usually with total precision so as to avoid a hungry, crying baby!
After giving birth, she often endures additional pain and discomfort as her body adjusts to breastfeeding.
- Her body makes milk. I repeat: HER BODY MAKES MILK.
Further, her body knows how much milk to make. And when to make it. And what composition it needs to have at that particular time for that particular baby. (Mind blown).
- She bears the weight - mentally, physically, and emotionally - of providing the nutrients for her baby, and does so gladly.
- She modifies her wardrobe to accommodate breastfeeding.
- She often alters her own diet to best provide for her baby.
- Her breastmilk can cure all manner of ailments, such as diaper rash and eye infections.
- She sacrifices her time and body for her baby and doesn’t think twice about it.
See? Breastfeeding moms are amazing and deserve to be celebrated!
We hope you feel seen, loved, and supported - not just during World Breastfeeding Week, but all year round by us here at Wyatt’s Maternity. Let us know how we can help you reach your breastfeeding goals - reach out here!